What is the Affordable Care Act?
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), known more simply as “health care reform,” was passed by the U.S. Congress in 2010. The law has been designed to:
- Lower the cost of health care and coverage for all Americans
- Increase access to primary care providers and specialists
- Add to preventive care and prescription benefits
- Give more rights and help to insured patients
- Extend young adults’ coverage under their parents’ insurance
- Offer coverage to those with pre-existing health conditions
For other questions, outside of making an appointment for the first time, call our ACA representative at (704) 393-7720.
Click here to find local help for enrollment.